Stillwater Area Parent Association for Special Education is a new parent group, created by parents for parents. We organized to help educate parents in the community about special education issues and facilitate communication. Please see our website: www.Stillwaterareaspecialed.ch2v.com
Please register to receive emails about local events and information concerning special education. Please pass this information on to others who may be interested.
Our first event is this Tuesday-December 10th - free workshop put on by nationally recognized PACER center.
Free workshop! Please register at www.pacer.org/workshops.
Workshop synopsis: Special education is instruction designed specifically to meet the unique needs of children with disabilities. It is provided in the most appropriate setting and at no cost to parents or families.
This workshop for parents of children with special needs will answer questions such as:
- Why is it important that parents be involved?
- How can I work effectively with the school?
- What do I need to know about the evaluation process?
- How do we make the Individualized Education Program (IEP) fit the child?
- How do special education and regular education work together?